Ignition System Services
Issues with the ignition system can cause you to be stranded at school, at work or at home. When you cannot get your vehicle started your whole day comes to a halt. Ignition system issues may stem from faulty wires, faulty spark plugs and more. Our team at Southern District Auto Centre can get your issues fixed and get you back on the road in no time!
Book nowContact us
Why Choose Us
- Peace of Mind: All of the work we perform is backed with the Repco Nationwide Guarantee as we are a Repco Authorised Service Centre.
- Great Mechanics: The Southern District Auto Care team is kept up to date on all of the latest parts and services with ongoing training seminars and service bulletins from Repco.
- Great Value: Our connection to local vendors in Browns Plains paired with our access to the Repco spare parts network helps us to give you the best service at the best price in Brisbane.
Ignition System Services from Southern District Auto Centre Include:
- Alternator Overhaul
- Battery Testing
- Alternator Repair
- Battery Replacement
- Compression Testing
- Distributorless Ignition Repair
- Battery Terminal Replacement
- Distributor Cap Replacement
- Centrifugal Advance Timing Adjustment
- Ignition Signal Sensor Timing Adjustment
- Vacuum Advance Timing Adjustment
- High Voltage Coil Lead Replacement
- Spark Plug Lead Replacement
- Ignition Module Replacement
- Starter Motor Replacement
- Ignition Switch Replacement
- Ignition Lead Replacement
- Ignition System Overhaul
- Spark Plug Replacement
Ignition System: Key Terms
Understanding the many moving parts of the ignition system will make it easier to understand the fix for it. To keep our clients on the same page with our mechanics we would like to highlight these key terms:
- Distributor Cap: Holds the rotor and the wires for the starter. This can wear out or crack and be filled with moisture making it fail.
- Ignition Signal Sensor: Sends the timing information to the spark plugs and combustion chambers from the computer in the engine. A faulty sensor can result in failure to start.
- Spark Plugs: Used to create the spark to ignite the fuel. Blown spark plugs can result in a slow start.
Call the Southern District Auto Centre team for all your ignition system services today!